- What is the difference between posts and pages? https://en.support.wordpress.com/post-vs-page/
- What are some of the cost implications you need to be aware of when developing a website? http://www.smallbusinessbuilding.com.au/learn-with-an-online-course/course-certificate-iii-micro-business-operations/review-and-maintain-a-website/micro-business-websites/
- What are some must-haves when ensuring good website design? https://www.thoughtco.com/tips-for-a-great-web-page-3470063
- What is a content management system? https://www.thebalance.com/an-overview-of-types-of-content-management-systems-3515920
- Why is monitoring customer feedback important to ensuring website success? http://blog.clientheartbeat.com/why-customer-feedback-is-important/
- What are some ways you can ensure your website meets the latest security procedures? https://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
- You have been told by your manager that a page on your WordPress website has to be edited and updated. How would you do this?
- Why is Google Analytics an important tool for website owners? https://www.google.com.au/analytics/#?modal_active=none
- Do people read the same way when viewing materials online vs offline? Explain. https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2015/04/design-principles-compositional-flow-and-rhythm/ http://thenextweb.com/dd/2015/04/10/how-to-design-websites-that-mirror-how-our-eyes-work/#gref
- What is WordPress? https://en.support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/
- What is a site map? https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/156184?hl=en
- What are some ways you can ensure accuracy of the information contained on your website? https://www.finance.gov.au/archive/policy-guides-procurement/better-practice-checklists-guidance/bpc-managing-content/
- A website’s bounce rate is the percentage of visitors to a particular website who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page. Why is it important to be aware of a website’s bounce rate? What does a bounce rate indicate? Is it better to have a smaller or higher bounce rate percentage? https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009409?hl=en
- Important terminology in Google Analytics includes terms such as users and sessions. Define what is a user and what is a session? What is the difference between the two? https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2731565?hl=en
- What are categories? Why are they important? https://en.support.wordpress.com/posts/categories/ What are tags? https://en.support.wordpress.com/posts/tags/
- What is Google Webmasters? https://www.google.com/webmasters/#?modal_active=none https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/4559176?hl=en
Stay Smart Online
Be smart online and stay smart online. Learn about the risks and what you can do to protect your identify and your personal and financial information online.
Read more here
1. What costs do you need to consider when building a website?
2. What are the costs related to maintaining a website?
3. What factors do you need to consider when undertaking a personally managed project?
4. What factors do you need to consider when undertaking an externally managed project?
5. What are the advantages of DIY website versus outsourcing the project?
6. What are the disadvantages of DIY website versus outsourcing the project?
Ideas for Blog Posts
In a group, brainstorm ideas for your blog post
Tip: use who, what, why, when, where, how, how often, how much to get you started.
Plus: You can find 150 ideas for blog posts here:
Is it a good idea to create a form where customers can lodge their complaints and raise concerns about your website?
Tips to manage customer feedback can be found here.
Read about ways to ensure that your website contains accurate and up-to-date information here:
Read about the different options you can use to monitor and analyse the way customers use a website here.