1. What is a site map?
2. Why would a website need a site map?
3. Describe the 4 step process of building and submitting a site map.
Back Up Copy of Website
Animation, Audio, Video
1. What tools can you use to create animated content on a website?
2. What tools can you use to create video content on a website?
3. What tools can you use to create audio on a website?
4. Research and describe the features of
• Adobe Flash
• Microsoft Silverlight
5. Identify and describe 3 types of video players users may need to view videos on a website.
1. What is a Hyperlink?
2. Name four types of hyperlinks you might find on a website.
3. Provide 3 examples of each type of hyperlink.
4. Research and then make a list of tips for adding links and hyperlinks to a website.
5. Insert one of each type of hyperlink (total of 4 different types) into one or more of your blog posts.
1. Research online for tips for writing content.
2. Make a list of 25 top tips for writing content. Here are some to get you started:
• Use headings and subheadings
• Short concise sentences
• Use active voice
• Keep pages short
• Use graphics and visuals where possible
• Content should target your audience
• Content is yours or it is referenced
• Stock pile content for future publication
• Schedule automatic publishing or removal of content
3. In pairs, brainstorm some topics for posting articles on your blog. Read more here.
4. Brainstorm and make a note of key words for future articles.
5. Reference all images and written information you use at the end of the blog post/article.
Website Design Features
1. Research the term: website design features online. Then identify, list and describe as many design features as you can find that make up an appealing, user friendly website.
2. Create a checklist of recommended website design features for use in a small business. Include the following:
• Contact information
• Opening hours
• Google map
• Search function
• Social media buttons and connections
• Return to home with one click
• Text is readable
• Contains useful hyperlinks
• Keywords used in text
• Content (such as a blog post) in appropriate category
• Strong contrast between text and background
• Useful subheadings
• Bulleted lists
• Short paragraphs
• Low word count per page
• Policy outlining privacy and information collected
3. What else do you need to you add to this list? You can read about good homepage designs here.
Google AdWords Keyword Planner
1. What is Google Adwords Keyword Planner?
2. Identify and describe the main features of Google Adwords Keyword Planner.
3. What are the benefits for a business using Google Adwords Keyword Planner?
4. How does Google Adwords Keyword Planner work?
5. What does it cost?